Policies and ShippingWe guarantee safe arrival of all of our trees and plants. We will replace product that is damaged or lost in transit. If a plant is damaged, we require a picture of the damaged plant before a replacement is sent.
If a plant fails to thrive within 1 month of after shipping, we may replace the tree depending on the circumstances. In some instances we may require you to return the tree before it is replaced. We do not replace trees that have leaf damage from shipping in hot weather. Leaf damage in late summer or Fall does not normally indicate an unhealthy tree. If only a small tip or branch of the tree is broken in transit, we require the customer to return the tree before it is replaced.
If you are purchasing trees in the months of October through March, the tree will arrive in a state of mostly or completely dormant. Deciduous trees lose all of their leaves for the winter. This is perfectly normal and does not indicate an unhealthy tree.
We do not replace trees that have been damaged by frost. If you purchase a tree in March or April, the tree will already have spring leaves emerging. It will be your responsibility to protect the new growth from a late frost.
We must receive all damage claims within one month from the date of delivery of your plants. Once they arrive in good condition, and we are not notified of a problem within one month, they are no longer our responsibility, since we can't control what happens to them when they're not in our care. If you experience a problem with a plant months after you purchased, let us know and we will do our best to help based on your situation.
We ship gallon, 2-gallon, and 3-gallon trees in their container. Larger, specimen size trees may be removed from their pot for shipping. During the summer, we add soil moist crystals to the shipping bag to prevent the tree from drying out during transit.
Winter is a great time to purchase trees because they are dormant and easy to ship. However, we may hold shipping during winter months if temperatures are very extreme.
Answers to common questions.
When will my order ship?During the months of March through November we ship every week. Normally on Tuesday. You will receive a tracking email once we purchase the postage on shipping day. If you do not receive a tracking email by Tuesday afternoon, please first check your junk mail or other email folders before contacting us about your tracking number. If you place your order on Tuesdays then your order will most likely be shipped the following week.
During the months of December, January, and February we ship every other week or less depending on the weather. Please email for specific ship day during the winter months.
Can you hold my order?Yes, we can hold your order for up to 30 days after purchase. If you would like your order to be held, please use the customer comments form during checkout to specify a hold date.
Can I pick up my order?Yes, you can pick up your order at our nursery in Alliance, OH. We prefer you pick up your order as soon as possible but we can hold it for up to 30 days. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a pick up day. Or use the Contact Us form. Wednesday through Saturday pick up is preferred.
Can I talk to someone on the phone?We do not have an office staff to answer the phone during the day. The fastest way to get an answer to your question is using the Contact Us form on the website. We will respond via email within 24 hours but normally much faster. If you have a detailed question that requires a phone call, please let us know and we will do our best to give you a call within a couple days.
Can I receive a combined shipping refund on 2 separate orders?We do not combine shipping cost with another order after the order has been placed. Please make sure about your selection when placing the order to receive the best shipping price.
When do you have the best inventory?We normally release the crop in April. The very best variety selection and inventory will be during the months of April, May, and June. Please sign up on our email list if you would like to be notified exactly when we release our spring crop.
Website Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on Maplestone Ornamentals's web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Maplestone Ornamentals's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Maplestone Ornamentals at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Maplestone Ornamentals's web site are provided "as is". Maplestone Ornamentals makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Maplestone Ornamentals does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Maplestone Ornamentals or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Maplestone Ornamentals's Internet site, even if Maplestone Ornamentals or a Maplestone Ornamentals authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Maplestone Ornamentals's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Maplestone Ornamentals does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Maplestone Ornamentals may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Maplestone Ornamentals does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Maplestone Ornamentals has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Maplestone Ornamentals of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Maplestone Ornamentals's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.