Policies and ShippingWe guarantee safe arrival of all of our trees and plants. We will replace product that is damaged or lost in transit. If a plant is damaged, we require a picture of the damaged plant before a replacement is sent. A picture of the damaged plant can be emailed to email@example.com
If a plant fails to thrive within 1 month of after shipping, we may replace the tree depending on the circumstances. In some instances we may require you to return the tree before it is replaced. We do not replace trees that have leaf damage from shipping in hot weather. Leaf damage in late summer or Fall does not normally indicate an unhealthy tree. If only a small tip or branch of the tree is broken in transit, we require the customer to return the tree before it is replaced.
If you are purchasing trees in the months of September through March, the tree will arrive in a state of mostly or completely dormant. Deciduous trees lose all of their leaves for the winter. This is perfectly normal and does not indicate an unhealthy tree.
We must receive all damage claims within one month from the date of delivery of your plants. Once they arrive in good condition, and we are not notified of a problem within one month, they are no longer our responsibility, since we can't control what happens to them when they're not in our care. If you experience a problem with a plant months after you purchased, let us know and we will do our best to help based on your situation.
It is your responsibility to research the plants you order, whether they will be hardy in your climate. If you are uncertain how a plant will do in your climate, check out the US plant hardiness zone map and contact a good local nursery, and see what they recommend. If you are experiencing a season of very extreme heat it may be a good idea to let us know so we can hold shipment until temperatures cool down a bit. Be sure to check out our planting and care instruction before purchasing.
1 and 2 year trees will be shipped in a deep quart pot. The pot will be placed in a plastic bag to help prevent drying out. 3 year trees are growing in gallon pots. They will be removed from their pot for shipping. A small portion of the soil is removed. The remaining soil and roots will be placed in a plastic bag. This allows us to ship these trees in a smaller box and save you money on shipping. During the summer, we add soil moist water crystals to the packaging bag, which greatly helps prevent the tree from drying out during shipping.
Website Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on Maplestone Ornamentals's web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Maplestone Ornamentals's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Maplestone Ornamentals at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Maplestone Ornamentals's web site are provided "as is". Maplestone Ornamentals makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Maplestone Ornamentals does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Maplestone Ornamentals or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Maplestone Ornamentals's Internet site, even if Maplestone Ornamentals or a Maplestone Ornamentals authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Maplestone Ornamentals's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Maplestone Ornamentals does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Maplestone Ornamentals may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Maplestone Ornamentals does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Maplestone Ornamentals has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Maplestone Ornamentals of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Maplestone Ornamentals's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.